My Girls :)

My Girls :)
Love and Light!

Sunday, January 24, 2010

In the Beginning....

How exactly does one figure out they are able to "see dead people"?
I'm not sure how how others come to that conclusion, but for me it dates
back to my early childhood. My mom told me she always knew I was different.
She and her friends dubbed me an "old soul" by the time I was a year old.
Apparently I walked, talked, and potty trained at a very early age. I was
born ready to take on the world! Only they didn't realize that world would
include 2 dimensions. I would later (at the age 0f 4) take on the heavenly
realms as well as the earth plane. I always had a large group of imaginary
friends. The first time I caused my mom to choke on her coffee was when I walked
into the kitchen with my "friends" in tow and told her that Ralph says hi. I do
recall this because she was so shocked. Mom was a book worm, and getting her to
take her nose out a good syfy novel took work. The name Ralph had her immediate attention.
She grilled me on who Ralph was, and what he looked like. I told her and she said
well please tell Ralph I said hello. Later when I was older she explained to me
that Ralph was her grandfather. She shared a wonderful relationship with him, but he passed when she was a teenager. This was the first time that she knew I was different. I still had no clue. My little world was what it was, and nothing seemed unusual or special. My mom NEVER made a big deal over the details I shared with her regarding my spirit friends. I guess this is why I didn't know they were spirits! It wasn't until I was about 7 or 8 yrs. old that I realized I was somewhat different. I would share certain dreams with my mom that seemed meaningless to me, but she would be bug eyed listening to what was coming next. One night I had a dream that my grandpa died. It turned out that same day we got a phone call that he had a major stroke. He did live through the stroke, but he was in bad shape. I would have a dream that someone was coming to visit that we hadn't seen in awhile, and they would show up at our door usually within a day or so. I was a my mom's little psychic in the making! So the answer to the question how does one figure out they are a medium....well for me it was a work in progress from the age of 4. It took me many years to really allow the label of "medium" to be pasted across my forehead. But first we'll need to have a look at the teen years....tomorrow :)

3 comments:

  1. lol love your story...great idea to blog. As you I also had such an interesting childhood. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As well as I thought I knew you, I did not know any of the story of your early Medium life. As you know my son's didn't appear until he was older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your blog, Chantal. I can't tell you how many times I've read it and how calming it makes me. You are truly a gift and I am truly blessed for you in my life. Jackie

    ReplyDelete