My Girls :)

My Girls :)
Love and Light!

Thursday, August 2, 2012

2012...Is It The End Of The World?

The # 1 question that I've been asked for the last couple of years is whether the world will end in 2012. I don't think so. I say that with a little of sarcasm and a roll of my eyes. Why? Because all the media and hoopla over the world coming to an end is exhausting.
 In all honesty, I don't know if the world will ever actually cease to exist, but I guess it could possibly end tomorrow. Anything is possible, correct?
I do believe that 2012 is a time for new beginnings in all of our lives ( meaning the entire human race) which includes a major consciousness shift amongst all. This transformation has been coming to light for quite some time, but I've personally noticed this huge shift in the last few years.
Ten years ago, I was embarrassed to talk about the abilities and gifts I possess, so naturally I kept it under wraps most of the time. I simply didn't want to explain nor defend myself to people with different beliefs, judgments, or criticisms. I was most definitely in fear of negative reactions, but also I found that the trying to explain what a medium does in two minutes or less, on the sidelines of a sporting event for my children, was quite difficult. 
Now (due to various television shows, books, movies, documentaries, songs, social networking, etc.), all I say to those whom ask is, "I'm a medium". Most responses are positive and it isn't necessary to explain myself, because awareness has been created through an immense global shift in human consciousness. In other words, people are beginning to think more openly, and finding that spirituality doesn't need to be tied to religion. For many years, I would hear people say, "Well, I am not spiritual, because I don't affiliate with any religion". In the last few years, I am receiving comments such as " I am spiritual, but not religious". Somewhere along the way, in recent years, many individuals have come to a realization that spirituality can be experienced without being religious to any certain belief system. I'm not dissing any religion (as I respect them all), only making a point that there has been a massive change in overall thinking on a global level. 2012 won't be the end of times in the way it's being advertised (in my opinion), but the end of a human cycle of people-pleasing conformity, and the beginning of a new awareness beyond our current understanding. 
If for some reason you believe that the world is going to end in 4 months or so, then I hope with all my heart that you're living life to the absolute fullest, checking off your bucket list one dandy day at a time, and most importantly loving and validating the people that mean the most to you. Share a few more smiles with the world! But shouldn't we all, regardless of our beliefs, being doing that anyway? I'd say yes to that one, with no sarcasm or roll of the eyes.  
Happy Trails! :)
Chantal

2 comments:

  1. How true... I was so happy to find ur blog. I was checking out the page if an old friend whos a poet n ended up with u..,lol how weird!
    On your post I concurr I have not heard or seen any messages saying all will end at an specific date. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you are exactly right. I tell people it is the end of "organized"religion as we know it. And I think more people are going to become aware of afterlife....the veil between the worlds is going to thin. Spirituality is going to this world a huge awakening! ;)

    ReplyDelete